If you thought a warm bath after a long winter’s day was rela, let’s take it up a notch! Bath bombs are fizzy little orbs you throw in the bathtub that slowly release wonderful therapeutic scents while you soak. You can make them yourself and incorporate whatever essential oils, herbs, dried petals, or fruit zests you’re in the mood for. They make great gifts too!
DIY Orange & Rosemary Bath Bombs
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 3 Tablespoons Epsom salt
- 3/4 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 8 drops orange essential oil
- 8 drops rosemary oil
- 2 Tablespoons dried orange zest
- 2 Tablespoons rosemary, finely chopped
- Bath bomb molds (for round ones) or silicone cupcake/dessert molds in design of your choice
- Mix together the baking soda, citric acid, arrowroot powder, Epsom salt, dried orange zest, and rosemary.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, water, and essential oils.
- With a whisk, incorporate the mixture of wet ingredients into the dry mixture.
- At this point, the mixture should stick together slightly. Take a handful and squeeze. If the mixture is too dry and falls apart, add a few drops of water to the mixture and stir. Continue to test and add water as needed until the mixture sticks together lightly.
- Press the mixture tightly into the mold.
- Allow the mixture to dry in the molds overnight.
- Remove the bath bombs from the molds. They should be hard and dry. If not, allow them to dry a bit more outside of the molds.